WEST CARROLLTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The group “Mother’s Praying Against Violence” gathered for a peaceful protest Monday in West Carrollton.
Participants marched through the city and held a prayer ceremony at the police station. Chief of Police David Woodward celebrated their actions while the nation searches for answers on racial injustice.
“People have a right to voice their opinion and they’re doing that. They’re doing it peacefully, and we’re here to make sure that traffic is maintained and they’re safe as they’re walking and the public is safe and everything turns out well,” he said.
The Police Department says they are also welcome to work with citizens and other social groups to help improve police-community relations.
- Poll: More than 50 percent of Ohio restaurants could close within 9 months
- Stein Mart files for bankruptcy amid pandemic turmoil
- Kentucky Derby races on with updated public safety measures in place
- OSU cuts class sizes, will test on-campus students weekly to fight COVID-19
- Newsfeed Now: Man hangs off semi; Biden picks running mate