DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The National Negro Women’s Council dropped off over 300 teddy bears at the Haines Children’s Center in Dayton this Valentine’s Day.
The Montgomery County Department of Family Services hosts the Teddy Bear Round-Up every year. Children and families were present to pick out their new furry friend.
“Any positive event, or any positivity is always good. Especially for children at a young age who experience trauma or displacement,” said Amanda Searcy.
Amanda says events like these make her kids feel like they’re part of the family.
- Flyers Fans celebrate record-breaking season
- Students celebrate Read Across America Day early at Primrose School of Centerville
- Are you ready for Super Tuesday?
- Disturbance at Mamma DiSalvo’s prompts police response
- Agency: 2nd US case of person who got virus from community