GREENE COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – The Greene County Sheriff’s Office was awarded $80,000 in federal traffic safety funding by the Ohio Department of Public Safety.
The funds for fiscal year 2020 will go towards traffic safety programs put on by the department such as “Click It or Ticket” and “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over.” The funds will also allow the Sheriff’s Office to increase patrols at events such as homecoming and prom throughout the year.
In addition, a new grant will focus on reducing fatal crashes due to drugged driving.
- First man cured of HIV infection now has terminal cancer
- Scene 75 highlights attractions ahead of reopening
- Watch: Mechanics rescue kitten stuck in dashboard of car
- Video released of alleged kidnapping attempt in Costco parking lot
- ‘My dog’s shot’: Police video shows deadly shootout that wounded Utah K-9