DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – For the past year, Dayton Police and Dayton Children’s have been partnering to help wish kids inside the hospital goodnight with flashing police car and firetruck lights.
“It’s been a great response, we get a great turnout every week. It’s just bringing a little light to some possibly dark times for these kids,” says Cassy Crabtree with Dayton Children’s.
The tradition usually happens every Tuesday night, but a special edition was held Wednesday to commemorate 9/11.
- Lawmakers demand more accountability from PG&E for role in starting wildfires
- Miami Co. Board of Elections no longer under administrative oversight
- Sheriff: Man stirs the pot by lighting joint in court
- GOP doesn’t have votes to block Bolton, McConnell concedes
- Bill aims to pay schools for lost tax revenue following tornadoes