DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – On Saturday, April 27, the Dayton Police Department will participate in the DEA’s National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, which gives residents a chance to safely dispose of their expired or unwanted prescription drugs.
By participating in Drug Take Back Day, citizens can help prevent drug abuse, theft, and accidental poisonings.
The drop-off is free and anonymous. Officials only ask that you drop off pills or patches only; no liquids, sharps, or needles.
These five locations will participate in the event from 10 am until 2 pm:
- City of Dayton Safety Building – 335 W. Third St.
- Central Patrol Operations Division – 248 Salem Ave.
- East Patrol Operations Division North – 417 E. Helena St.
- East Patrol Operations Division South – 2721 Wayne Ave.
- West Patrol Operations Division – 951 Washington St.
If you cannot make it to the April 27 event, these locations also have drop-off boxes available for use Monday through Friday from 8 am until 4 pm.
For more information, click here.