GERMANTOWN, Ohio (WDTN) — Germantown MetroPark is expanding its current selection of trails with the introduction of two new ones, as well as an extension of existing trails at the park.
Both new trails are accessible through the Twin Valley Trail parking lot: the first is a two-mile purple trail loop and the second is nearly a mile long brown loop. The orange loop has been extended by over two-miles.
“The new trail at Germantown MetroPark has been designed to protect special natural areas and inspire a personal connection with nature for generations to come,” said Mike Osborne, regional park manager. “It’s also a great place for people to learn about biodiversity, as several habitats can be viewed in a compact area with an easily accessible trail.”
These two new trails and the extended orange loop on the Twin Valley Trail are all open.
- Young woman with grandfather in ICU from COVID-19 wants community to be safe on Thanksgiving
- COVID-19 patient at Utah hospital plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated
- Former dog owner sleeps at animal shelters, comforting pets waiting for forever homes
- Jeopardy! shares Thanksgiving message from late host Alex Trebek
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments