Generator malfunction causes Dayton house fire

Local News

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN)– The Dayton Fire Department responded to a single-home fire around 10 p.m. Sunday night near the Cambell Street and Maitland Avenue.

According to the fire department, a generator malfunction seems to be the cause of the fire, resulting in severe damage to the back portion of the house.

Smoke could be seen from I-75 Southbound for more than half an hour.

As of now, no injuries are being reported.

2 NEWS will update this developing story as we receive more information.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Don't Miss

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS