DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Mayor Nan Whaley met with business executives Wednesday to discuss the future of Dayton.
It is part of a program called Gem City Rising, a day-long summit focused on investment opportunities in Dayton’s downtown and surrounding neighborhoods.
“We get to see Dayton for what Dayton is. We get to see Dayton for what Dayton’s going to be, and we get, in success, both to help attract local investors to think better about what you have here, which is pretty amazing,” said Rick Jacobs, CEO of Accelerator for America.
The goal is to bring in more investors and continue economic growth for the Dayton area.
- Another 35,000 file for unemployment in Ohio, but claims continue to decrease
- Lawmakers to get classified briefing on Russia bounty intel
- WATCH LIVE: President Trump comments as US adds 4.8 million jobs as unemployment falls to 11.1%
- Closing bars to stop coronavirus spread is backed by science
- Officers get down and dirty to save deaf and blind dog from sewer