DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The upcoming Gem City Market received a grant from a Kettering Health Network foundation to construct a teaching kitchen for resident physicians and community members.
The Grandview Foundation is awarding $260,000 to the market that is set to begin construction this summer and be completed in 2020.
More than $3 million has been raised for the market through multiple businesses and organizations in the Miami Valley, including other hospital networks like Premier Health and Dayton Children’s.
Gem City Market will be located in the 300 and 400 blocks of Salem Ave. in an area that is known as a food desert where access to healthy food is limited.
- Premier Health to offer antibody therapy to some COVID-19 patients
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- Salvation Army’s Red Kettle goes virtual
- DISH Network ends contract with Nexstar Wednesday evening
- Cute puppy pics used to bait victims as online scams spike amid pandemic, BBB warns