DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Free and reduced-cost test kits are available to Miami Valley homeowners to check their homes for elevated radon levels.
Radon, a colorless and odorless soil gas, can build up in homes and potentially increase the risk of lung cancer for occupants. The Ohio Department of Health estimates about half of Ohio families live in homes with elevated radon levels.
Regardless of your home’s age, location, or construction type, the Ohio Department of Health recommends testing for radon levels.
Homeowners can request a kit by visiting this website.
Households with an income below $80,500 are eligible to receive a free test kit, and those above $80,500 may purchase kits at a reduced cost of $8.45 per kit.
- Five people injured in US-35 crash between Beavercreek and Xenia
- Coronavirus in Ohio: 951 new cases, four new deaths reported Saturday
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- 16 shot, 2 fatally, at party in Rochester, police say
- Teen stabbed in Troy, suspect in custody