DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Free and reduced-cost test kits are available to Miami Valley homeowners to check their homes for elevated radon levels.
Radon, a colorless and odorless soil gas, can build up in homes and potentially increase the risk of lung cancer for occupants. The Ohio Department of Health estimates about half of Ohio families live in homes with elevated radon levels.
Regardless of your home’s age, location, or construction type, the Ohio Department of Health recommends testing for radon levels.
Homeowners can request a kit by visiting this website.
Households with an income below $80,500 are eligible to receive a free test kit, and those above $80,500 may purchase kits at a reduced cost of $8.45 per kit.
- SWAT called after wanted suspect found in Dayton
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 64,214 cases, 3,036 deaths
- FAA investigating plane crash in Green Township
- Woman killed in Trotwood crash identified
- Less humid with lots of sunshine, chance of showers tonight