DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Children’s Hunger Alliance is sponsoring a free meal program with weekly pickup available at 12 different Dayton Metro Library branches beginning Tuesday, June 23.
Parents will be able to pick up 10 meals per child, during designated times and without a reservation. The free meal program will be available until Thursday, Aug. 27.
The library is looking for volunteers to help it pack and serve these meals, those interested can apply online.
Meal Pickup Schedule
Tuesdays – 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday – 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday – 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Additionally, Dayton Public Schools is operating grab-and-go food distribution at:
- Madden Hills – Tuesdays and Thursday from 12:05 p.m. to 12:25 p.m.
- Northwest – Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:50 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Inauguration prop bets: How long will Biden’s address last?
- New COVID variant in California tied to multiple outbreaks
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Wilberforce University among HBCU’s to receive loan forgiveness from Congress
- ‘It has been the greatest honor:’ first lady Melania Trump releases farewell message