EATON, Ohio (WDTN) – Defense attorney Steve Hobbs told 2 NEWS his client Christopher Ward, the former Ohio State Highway Patrolman charged with seven sex charges, will testify on Friday as the defense’s last witness in his own trial.
Ward has been charged with two counts of sexual battery and three counts of gross sexual imposition. He’s being tried at the Preble County Court of Common Pleas.
Ward was indicted in early 2019 for sex crimes against two women while he was on duty as a trooper for the Ohio State Highway Patrol. A superseding indictment followed in November after more women came forward accusing Ward of assault.
Ward’s verdict will be rendered by visiting Judge James Brogan. Brogan is a retired judge from the Ohio 2nd District Court of Appeals.
- Coroner identifies woman hit, killed by driver in Dayton
- Poll: More than 50 percent of Ohio restaurants could close within 9 months
- Stein Mart files for bankruptcy amid pandemic turmoil
- Kentucky Derby races on with updated public safety measures in place
- OSU cuts class sizes, will test on-campus students weekly to fight COVID-19