GREENVILLE, Ohio (WDTN) – A former Greenville police officer was sentenced to 14 years in prison on Wednesday.
The Daily Advocate reported Shannon McDaniel previously plead guilty to 14 counts of sexual battery for coercing minors into performing sexual acts.
McDaniel spoke in court, according to The Daily Advocate. “Never could I have imagined that this series of events would cause such a tragedy,” McDaniel said. “I can only imagine the pain that I’ve caused from this, and I’m truly sorry. I pray that someday you [the victim] can find it in your heart to forgive me.”
McDaniel will now be registered as a tier three sex offender.
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Cancer medications in short supply as hospitals battle COVID-19 south of the border
- President Trump expected to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- HHS secretary touts Trump’s health care plan while Democrats say there’s nothing in it