MIAMI VALLEY, Ohio (WDTN) – WDTN’s 38th annual Food for Friends campaign is underway through Monday, December 24th, with corporate partner Kroger.
Since 1982, when WDTN-TV developed the first Food for Friends campaign, over 13 million food items have been collected and distributed to families in need through The Foodbank of Dayton and other food pantries throughout the Miami Valley.
So far, your generosity has helped us raise over 15,000 pounds of food for the hungry!
Food for Friends barrels will be in Kroger stores throughout Montgomery, Clark, Clinton, Miami, Darke, Shelby and Greene counties.
This year you can choose to donate by adding $5, $10 or $25 to your bill at checkout.
Find a map of barrel locations near you by clicking here.
- Prayer walk pays tribute to Oregon District shooting victims
- First-of-its-kind dog trail opens in Downtown Dayton
- Educator says community, support, and schedules important for successful virtual learning
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 93,031 cases, 3,529 deaths
- Wilford Brimley, the face of Quaker Oats and ‘Cocoon’ star, dies at 85