Fire sparks at Harrison Twp. Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken

Local News

A fire destroyed a Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken in Harrison Township.

Firefighters were called to the restaurant located at 4140 North Main Street around 10:45 a.m. Saturday.

The fire chief said the fire started in the kitchen in the fryer. The cook who was working at the time told the fire chief that the suppression system didn’t work. The owner told the fire chief the system was serviced two to three months ago. 

Three employees were in the restaurant at the time. They all made it out safely.

Heavy smoke poured from the building, and firefighters ordered everyone to evacuate.

There were no injuries reported.

Mutual aid was called to help fight the fire, and firefighters had to block off North Main Street.

The building is considered a total loss.

Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest news, weather and sports.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS