PIQUA, Ohio (WDTN) – A home suffered heavy damage Thanksgiving Day after a fire broke out in Piqua.
Our partners at Miami Valley Today report that it happened at a residence in the 1600 block of Haverhill Drive just before 11:20 am.
Neighbors helped a woman inside get out of the home before emergency crews arrived, according to the Piqua Fire Chief.
Flames could be seen coming out of the garage when firefighters got to the home, and the fire had spread to the kitchen area.
One person was checked out by medics at the scene, but ultimately, no one was injured.
The cause of the fire is unclear at this time, but officials say it appears to be accidental.
- CDC investigating Oregon woman’s death after J&J vaccine
- Vitafusion recall: Select gummy vitamins, including kid’s melatonin, may contain metal mesh
- Virginia teacher charged with drug possession, cocaine found in desk
- ‘Common sense’ Bipartisan Border Solutions Act aims to rapidly process migrant influx
- American honey may contain traces of nuclear fallout from 50s and 60s: study