XENIA, Ohio (WDTN) – A 23-year-old father will spend 15 years to life in prison for the death of his infant son.
Kali Christon was found guilty of murder and felonious assault after his six-week-old baby died more than a year ago at a home in Fairborn.
He tried to plead not guilty by reason of insanity, but a psychiatric evaluation concluded that he was fit to stand trial.
The felonious assault charge is considered an allied offense, so Christon was only sentenced for the murder charge.
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Miami Valley healthcare leaders ensure hospitals are keeping up with COVID surge
- Clifton Mill starts season Nov. 27 with updated coronavirus precautions
- Get paid $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days
- Ghislaine Maxwell in COVID quarantine after prison staffer gets virus