SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WDTN) – A woman is dead after a house fire in Springfield on Wednesday.
It happened around 7 a.m. on Chestnut Avenue near Elm Street. Crews arrived and were told the woman was trapped inside.
She died at the scene.
Four other people in the house were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Officials say a dog was also killed in the fire. Another dog and two cats are missing.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- JC Penney closing 154 stores in first post-bankruptcy phase
- Middletown shooting suspect taken into custody
- Google to give workers $1K to set up home office
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- Senate Dems: Republicans’ words aren’t enough to address police brutality, racial justice