MIAMISBURG, Ohio (WDTN) – The family of a Miamisburg native is raising money to help fly the 18-year-old home after she was severely burned in an explosion in Cambodia.
Abbey Alexander was teaching in Cambodia when she was injured during a gas station explosion last week.
One person was killed, and 13 others were injured, including Abbey.
The blast left burns on 35 percent of her body. She is currently being treated in an ICU unit at a Cambodian hospital, but needs to be flown to the United States to continue her treatment.
A GoFundMe has been set up to help cover the costs of the medical flight back to the U.S.
If you’d like to donate, click here.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- AG Barr, lawmakers meet on gun control as Trump weighs options
- Ohio GOP fined $100K for improperly funding voter database
- US to send troops to Saudi Arabia, hold off on striking Iran
- Operation Football Tailgate of the Week: Troy at Tippecanoe
- Reps back plan to stop abuse of the waiver system for refineries