Fairborn home suffers severe damage after candle catches curtain on fire

Local News
Fairborn house fire

(WDTN Photo/Tyler Pistor)

FAIRBORN, Ohio (WDTN) – Fire officials say a home in Fairborn is believed to be a total loss after a fire Monday afternoon.

Fairborn’s Fire Chief tells 2 NEWS that the incident began when a burning candle came in contact with a curtain and caught it on fire just after 2 pm.

At least two people were inside the home in the 300 block of Mann Avenue at the time, and we’re told everyone made it out safely.

Roughly four fire trucks and three ambulances responded to provide assistance at the scene.

Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.

news-app-download-apple news-app-download-google-play

Follow Us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for all the latest news, weather and sports.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Don't Miss

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS