DARKE COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A driver escaped serious injury after striking a propane tank during a crash in Darke County Wednesday morning.
Around 8:30 am, Darke County deputies, along with Hollansburg Fire, New Madison Fire, and Tri-Village Rescue responded to the 900 block of Hollansburg Arcanum Road for reports of a residential propane tank that had been struck during a rollover crash.
Initial investigation suggests that a 40-year-old Hollansburg man was headed eastbound in the 800 block of Hollansburg Arcanum Road in a black 2004 GMC Envoy.
He became distracted and drifted off the left side of the road, colliding with and knocking down a utility pole before sideswiping a second utility pole and traveling back onto the roadway.
The driver then traveled back off the right side of the roadway, overcorrected, and drove through a yard before going airborne, rolling the vehicle, and striking a propane tank behind a residence.
Officials with Ferrellgas Company responded and removed the tank.
The driver was treated at the scene and released. He is cited for failure to maintain reasonable control.
- Wilberforce University among HBCU’s to receive loan forgiveness from Congress
- ‘It has been the greatest honor:’ first lady Melania Trump releases farewell message
- Biden to block Trump’s plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief
- 2 Champaign County residents arrested on federal charges related to involvement at Capitol riot