RIVERSIDE, Ohio (WDTN) – A driver fled from a crash on Needmore Road in Riverside early Monday morning, according to authorities.
The crash happened at around midnight on Needmore Road near old Needmore Road. When crews arrived, the car was flipped on its side with no one inside.
Officials says a passerby called 911 and said that car drove in front of him at a high rate of speed and crashed into a ditch, but the caller was unable to stop to check on the driver.
It’s unclear why the driver ran away or if the car was reported stolen. An investigation into the crash is underway.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Tuesday update: DeWine briefing scheduled for 2pm
- Rapper accused of fraudulently getting $1.2M in jobless benefits after boastful music video
- Kidnapping suspect arrested, awaiting extradition to Ohio
- ‘Glitter bomb’ sent to employee of 911 center in Pennsylvania
- Netflix previews Chadwick Boseman’s final performance in ‘Ma Rainey’