PIQUA, Ohio (WDTN) – The Ohio State Highway Patrol says distracted driving may be a factor in a crash on I-75 in Piqua Friday night.
Around 6:45 pm, a Minster man was driving southbound on I-75 in a 2004 GMC Envoy. He travelled off the east side of the roadway, rolled over in the median, and entered the northbound lanes.
He then struck a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox, driven by a Miamisburg woman.
She was taken by Care Flight to Miami Valley Hospital with serious injuries. Her husband and 3-year-old son were taken to Upper Valley Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the GMC was not injured.
Authorities with the Piqua Highway Patrol, Piqua Fire and EMS, Bushnell’s Towing and Wrecker’s Towing assisted at the scene.
Distracted driving appears to be a factor in the accident.
- Governor DeWine tests positive for COVID-19
- NY attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA
- Live video: President Donald Trump arrives in Cleveland on Air Force Force
- Man pulled from ravine in Moraine, told police he was hit
- 9-year-old Florida boy saves dad who fractured neck in diving accident