PIQUA, Ohio (WDTN) – The Ohio State Highway Patrol says distracted driving may be a factor in a crash on I-75 in Piqua Friday night.
Around 6:45 pm, a Minster man was driving southbound on I-75 in a 2004 GMC Envoy. He travelled off the east side of the roadway, rolled over in the median, and entered the northbound lanes.
He then struck a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox, driven by a Miamisburg woman.
She was taken by Care Flight to Miami Valley Hospital with serious injuries. Her husband and 3-year-old son were taken to Upper Valley Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the GMC was not injured.
Authorities with the Piqua Highway Patrol, Piqua Fire and EMS, Bushnell’s Towing and Wrecker’s Towing assisted at the scene.
Distracted driving appears to be a factor in the accident.
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach
- US now says no evidence of ‘kill capture teams’ at Capitol
- ‘We want to sound the alarm:’ CDC warns more infectious COVID strain may become dominant in US
- Dramatic images show bus hanging off New York City overpass; driver refuses drug test
- Dayton Police Department shares 2020 crime data