DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – As we approach the one year mark since the Memorial Day tornado outbreak, the City of Dayton is asking residents to put a rainbow in their window this weekend as a symbol of the city’s resiliency and spirit.
The City originally planned to host a commemorative event, but due to health recommendations stemming from the pandemic, officials were forced to find another way to show recognition for the anniversary date.
The rainbow initiative runs from Saturday, May 23 through Wednesday, May 27.
- Centerville gym one of first in Miami Valley to reopen
- CrossFit gym opens early for Memorial Day workout honoring fallen heroes
- Centerville holds virtual Memorial Day ceremony
- Gold Star families honor the fallen during modified Memorial Day ceremonies
- As grilling season heats up, meat prices are up while supply is down