DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Some Dayton VA workers are making masks for veterans, patients, employees, and visitors to protect against the coronavirus.
We’re told hundreds of PPE are being made each day by the nurses, voluntary service, and social work employees.
“We’ve been hearing about a shortage of masks and a shortage of PPE and I wanted to try to figure out what I could do to help with the shortage. I sew things all the time and I know how to create things so I wanted something that would be better than a fabric mask,” said Nurse Jill Wilt.
The staff started making masks in mid-March at about 250 per day.
- Swim clubs, public pools prepare to reopen
- Centerville gym one of first in Miami Valley to reopen
- CrossFit gym opens early for Memorial Day workout honoring fallen heroes
- Centerville holds virtual Memorial Day ceremony
- Gold Star families honor the fallen during modified Memorial Day ceremonies