DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – If you were a victim of the Memorial Day storms that hit the Miami Valley, here’s a list of resources that are available to you.
LAST UPDATED MONDAY, JUNE 24 AT 2:30 p.m.
Legal information from ABLE (Advocates for Basic Legal Equality) from https://www.daytonohio.gov/827/tornado-response
- Avoiding scams
- Replaing important or lost documents
- Replacing food and belongings
- Rights of workers
- Insurance questions
- Information for small businesses and non-profits
Food and Water
- The deadline to apply for SNAP replacement benefits has been extended to July 5. Click here for more information.
- Harrison Township Fire Station 94, open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 2400 Turner Road – food, water, hygiene, household supplies (both receiving and distributing).
- Montgomery County Fairgrounds (Matthew 25: Ministries), 645 Infirmary Road – Water, Ice, Food, Other Supplies and Resources, also accepting donations
- The Foodbank, Inc., 56 Armor Place, Dayton – Food and Water Washington Township Rec Center, 895 Miamisburg-Centerville Rd. – Water, Other Supplies
- Montgomery County Environmental Services, 1850 Spaulding Rd, Kettering – Water
- Dayton Water Department customers should call
- For service issues, call 937-333-3550
- For billing questions: 937-333-4900
- For power outage status visit: https://www.dpandl.com/landing/outage
Red Cross Shelters
- Bethesda Temple 3701 Salem Ave., Dayton
Replacing Lost Documents
- Replace Birth Certificates: 937-496-3117
- Ohio Pathways Card (OWF/Cash Card): 1-866-669-6109
- Ohio Direction Card (SNAP/Food Stamp): 1-866-386-3701
- Ohio E-Quickpay Child Support (thru 6/30): 1-800-503-1283
- smiOne Child Support Card (effective 7/1): 1-855-279-2744
- Ohio Medicaid: 1-800-454-3730
- Caresource: 1-800-488-0134
- Buckeye Community Health: 1-866-246-4358
- Amerigroup: 1-800-454-3730
- Molina: 1-800-642-4168
- Anthem Partnership Plan: 1-866-408-3131
- Click here for more information.
- If you need assistance with moving expenses, rental deposit, rent and utility payments contact the Miami Valley Community Action Partnership at 937-963-9433 for assistance and other resources. You can also reach out to them if you are in need of furniture.
- If you are a homeowner in need of repair assistance:
- CountyCorp: 937-225-6328
- Rebuilding Together Dayton: 937-223-4893
- People Working Cooperatively: 513-351-7921
- Property owners affected by tornadoes can pick up a free copy of property deeds at Montgomery County Recorder’s Office, 451 W. 3rd St., Dayton from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday through Friday. Call 937-225-6381
- Greater Dayton Premier Management has HUD approval to give additional preference points to people displaced by the tornadoes; income-qualified people may be housed with security deposits waived. Contact 937-910-7500 for more info.
- If your property was damaged or destroyed, you may be eligible for a deduction in taxable property value. Click here for more information.
- Property owners, read this scam advisory from the office of the Ohio Attorney General.
Job and Family Services
- Medicaid/QMB Application Hotline: 937-225-6242
- Regular Applications: 927-225-6347
- CSS (Medicaid intake/renewal line): 844-640-6446
- Child Care 937-496-7759
- State Hearing Requests/Information: 866-635-3748 (option 1)
- Work Allowance Check Center: 937-225-4600
- Child Support Hotline: 1-800-860-2555
- Family Assistance Call Center: 937-225-4148
- Medicaid Transportation: 937-225-5419
Cell Charging Stations
- Salvation Army Kroc Center 1000 N. Keowee St., Dayton 45404.
- Red Cross Shelter at Dayton Fire Station 8, 2636 Stanley Ave..
- Computer work stations available.
Help for Veterans
- Montgomery County Veterans Service Commission
937-225-4801 or email email@example.com.
Mental and Emotional Health
- Optum Public Crisis Line: 866-342-6892
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline: 800-985-5990, or text ‘TalkWithUs’ to 66746.
- Ellis Human Development Institute at Wright State’s School of Professional Psychology offering free psychological first-aid for adults. Walk-in services offered at the Ellis Institute at 9 N. Edwin C. Moses Blvd. in Dayton on Mondays from 1-4 p.m. and Tuesdays 1-4 p.m. through June 25
Lost and Found Pets
- SICSA Pet Adoption Center: email HelpCenter@SICSA.org or call 937-294-6505 x. 23
- Harrison Township is directing people in need of food and supplies to:
- Montgomery County Family Assistance Center
1500 Shiloh Springs Rd.
- Salvation Army Kroc Center (Resource Center)
1000 N. Keowee St.
- Montgomery County Family Assistance Center
Perry Township Relief Center still open for those in need following tornados. Site has been a distribution site for other affected communities Trotwood, Northridge, Harrison Township and Riverside. Center was restocked as of Monday. Center has baby items, food, new clothing, toys, household goods and toiletries.
Center located at:
11491 Air Hill Rd. Brookville at corner of Wolf Creek, Clayton and Air Hill roads. Open 12-5 p.m.
- Call the First Baptist Church, 3939 Swigart Rd., for all donations and volunteering opportunities.The church is Red Cross affiliated. Call 937-429-1671 for more information.
- To find out how you can have water service shut down to your tornado-damaged property for free, click here.
- West Milton no longer accepting food donations.
- Laura Christian Church accepting home cleaning products
- The Celina Rotary Club is now accepting all cash donations
- Anyone in need should contact Call Ministries on 420 N. Brandon Ave.