DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Volunteers are needed across the Miami Valley following the Memorial Day tornado outbreak. Here’s information on how to help.
LAST UPDATED MONDAY, JUNE 24 AT 2:30 p.m.
- Volunteer groups should contact Darius Beckham at the city of Dayton. He can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 937-333-3659.
- The Community Blood Center is in need of type O negative positive blood. Due to high usage at emergency rooms during Memorial Day Weekend and the lack of blood drives due to storms, supplies are running out. Schedule donations at http://www.donortime.com/
- Individuals wishing to volunteer with recovery efforts can sign up at the Montgomery County Volunteer Reception Center located at Sinclair Community College. All types of assistance are needed. Licensed professionals in skilled trades, as well as individuals and companies that own and operate equipment (everything from chainsaws to heavy equipment) are very much needed and encouraged to volunteer their time. Volunteers must sign up in person and bring a picture ID. Location: Sinclair Community College, Building 12, Room 12201. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Individuals can also call at 937-512-5700 or email at VRC@sinclair.edu.
- Volunteers are needed to help move furniture. Click here for more information.
- Volunteers should text message 309-370-8741 with a message offering to help, someone will get back with them.
- People wanting to donate or volunteer should contact First Baptist Church at 3939 Swigart Rd., 937-429-1671.
- Additional information is available on Facebook at the Beavercreek Tornado Network page.
- Contact the city of Brookville at 937-833-2135.
Anyone with information on volunteer coordination can email email@example.com.