DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The City of Dayton has made a change in an effort to keep its employees healthy.
The City announced in July it adopted a tobacco and nicotine-free hiring policy, effective July 15, 2019.
A memorandum from City Manager Shelly Dickstein said prospective employees must be tobacco and nicotine-free at the time of original appointment and remain so during their career with the City. Any applicant on a current eligibility list for hire as of July 14, 2019, will have to be and remain tobacco and nicotine-free prior to the end of their probationary period.
The policy does not apply to current city employees.
- SWAT called after wanted suspect found in Dayton
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 64,214 cases, 3,036 deaths
- FAA investigating plane crash in Green Township
- Woman killed in Trotwood crash identified
- Less humid with lots of sunshine, chance of showers tonight