DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Police are investigating after a car exploded Wednesday night in Dayton.
Around 10 p.m. Wednesday night, Dayton officers responded to the area of Parker Avenue and Home Avenue for reports of an explosion.
Dayton Fire personnel encountered a vehicle on fire at the scene that had suffered serious damage as a result of an explosion.
The Bomb Squad was called out to investigate. Lt. Hall with Dayton Police says the explosion originated from inside the car, but could not give further details.
We’re told the blast was large enough that some windows on nearby structures had been blown out.
Evidence from the scene has been sent out to the state Fire Marshal’s lab to determine what type of substances may have been involved.
- President Biden to announce US will export 20M vaccine doses abroad
- Coronavirus in Ohio Monday update: DeWine briefing scheduled for 2pm
- Dave Chappelle & Friends returning to Yellow Springs in May – How to purchase tickets
- Fairborn Sweet Corn Festival to return in August
- Secretary of State LaRose launches reelection campaign