DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Dayton Police Department is promoting three law enforcement officers on Monday, May 11, at 1:30 p.m. in the City Commission Chambers of City Hall.
In an effort to limit attendance due to the COVID-19 pandemic, each officer will have an individual promotion ceremony, which will not be open to the public.
According to officials, only those necessary for the ceremony will attend in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
The following officers will be promoted:
- Lt. Paul Saunders will be promoted to the rank of Major and will assume the role of Chief of Staff.
- Sgt. John Riegel will be promoted to the rank of Lieutenant and will be assigned to the East Patrol Operations Division as the Night Watch Commander.
- Officer Daniel Perkins will be promoted to the rank of Sergeant and be assigned to the West Patrol Operations Division.
- LIVE: Peaceful protest at Huber Heights shopping center
- Dayton VA Medical Center returns to full patient capacity
- Animal Planet star branches out to Gatlinburg to build 8 treehouses
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather across the Miami Valley
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 38,111 cases, 2,370 deaths reported