DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Dayton Police Department announced their locations for the DEA’s National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
The event is a chance for residents to help prevent drug abuse, theft, and accidental poisonings by ridding homes of expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs.
Drop-off is free and anonymous, but liquids, sharps, and needles cannot be accepted.
Their “Say BOO to Drugs” event is co-hosted by the DEA, Vandalia Police, Dayton Police, Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley, and the Montgomery County Prevention Coalition.
The following six locations will be open from 10 am until 2 pm:
- Dayton Safety Building – 335 W. Third St.
- Central Patrol Operations Division – 248 Salem Ave.
- East Patrol Operations Division North – 417 East Helena St.
- East Patrol Operations Division South – 2721 Wayne Ave.
- West Patrol Operations Division – 951 Washington St.
- Dayton Fire Company 16 – 4111 Kings Hwy.
If you can’t make it on October 26, the five police sites have drug drop-off boxes available Monday through Friday from 8 am until 4 pm.
For more information, click here.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Vaping cases decreasing after school district introduces cessation classes
- House passes bill to lower drug prices
- Ryan Reynolds says he related to Peloton actress’ plight
- ‘They’re the best in the world;’ Dayton officers honored for actions during mass shooting
- Storm Team 2 Forecast 6 PM Thursday 12 Dec 2019