DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Six Dayton police officers were shown in President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump’s Christmas message posted to Twitter on Christmas Day.
The officers were recognized by President Trump at the White House in September for shooting and killing shooter Conner Betts in the Aug. 4 mass shooting in the Oregon District that killed nine people and injured 27. In the ceremony, Trump bestowed up the officers the Medal of Valor, the nation’s highest public safety award.
Footage of that ceremony was shown in the message, which was posted to the First Lady’s Twitter on Christmas Day.
- PHOTOS: Bobcat burned in California wildfire set for release to wild
- Trump teases 2024 run at White House Christmas party
- Monolith in Utah desert was toppled by group who said ‘leave no trace’, visitor says
- Health care workers go on strike, demand protection against virus
- A first look at Ohio’s initial COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan