DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Dayton unit of the NAACP celebrated 104 years of work throughout the community Friday night with their annual Freedom Fund Banquet.
Along with a dinner and a program, Ohio Congresswoman Joyce Beatty gave the keynote address.
“I think we’re going to motivate. We might even go to church a little bit tonight because I want people to be motivated. We need a movement, and with such a beautiful crowd and all the leaders in this community, I think the message will be strong,” she said.
The night marked the 78th year for the banquet.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Bouncer discusses life four months after Oregon District shooting
- Police investigating after armed robbery at Dayton Family Dollar
- Montana dog found in West Virginia starts journey home for the holidays
- Senate prepares for possible impeachment trial
- House Democrats unveil articles of impeachment against Trump