DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Dayton unit of the NAACP celebrated 104 years of work throughout the community Friday night with their annual Freedom Fund Banquet.
Along with a dinner and a program, Ohio Congresswoman Joyce Beatty gave the keynote address.
“I think we’re going to motivate. We might even go to church a little bit tonight because I want people to be motivated. We need a movement, and with such a beautiful crowd and all the leaders in this community, I think the message will be strong,” she said.
The night marked the 78th year for the banquet.
- Bellbrook women’s soccer team climbs thousands of stairs to raise money
- Dayton woman awarded $500k grant to restore historic YWCA building in West Dayton
- SWAT called after wanted suspect found in Dayton
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 64,214 cases, 3,036 deaths
- FAA investigating plane crash in Green Township