DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – All Dayton Metro Library locations will reopen Tuesday, July 7, with new limited hours – Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., closed Sunday and Monday.
It is also requiring masks be worn by anyone entering a library, regardless of whether it is in the city limits or not.
The library said its services, including public computers, printers, copiers and collections will be available. Meeting and tutor rooms remain closed, and in-person programming is not taking place.
Health and Safety protocols being implemented include:
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. are designated for elderly and medically-compromised populations
- Limiting patron capacity
- Hand sanitizer stations
- Plexiglas dividers
- Computer stations have been distanced
- Frequent disinfecting of work stations
- Social distancing
Curbside Service will continue during these hours for people who prefer to request materials in advance and schedule a time for pickup. Returned materials will continue to be quarantined for 72 hours before they are available for borrowing.
A full list of services and safety protocols is available at daytonmetrolibrary.org/reopening.
- Melania Trump’s error puts Oregon Christmas tree farm in spotlight
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Miami Valley healthcare leaders ensure hospitals are keeping up with COVID surge
- Clifton Mill starts season Nov. 27 with updated coronavirus precautions