DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A new Pittsburgh Steelers-themed roller coaster held a special premier run before its grand opening, and a Dayton man was among the lucky few to ride The Steel Curtain.
After much anticipation, the Steel Curtain coaster at Kennywood opens to the public on Saturday, and a handful of people got a special preview of the black and gold coaster.
“It’s hard to put into words. The ride is exhilarating, it’s such a thrill, and to be able to be here and have people get on here and experience it is just fantastic,” said Kennywood Director of PR & Social Media Nick Paradise.
The Steel Curtain takes fans on a record-breaking ride. Not only is it the tallest coaster in Pennsylvania, it also has the most inversions in North America and the highest inversion in the world.
- Multiple Apple services reported down
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe
- LIVE COVERAGE: Trump, Biden set to meet in Ohio for 1st debate
- Heavy fire department presence at the Mall at Fairfield Commons
- Monroe Police identify man who died after double shooting