DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A Dayton man will spend 11 years in prison after he was found guilty of rape in Miami County.
Our partners at the Troy Daily News report that 36-year-old Nathan Swartz was sentenced on Monday in Miami County Common Pleas Court.
He pleaded no contest to a first-degree rape charge and two counts of third-degree sexual battery. The court found him guilty on July 15.
Swartz was indicted by a grand jury on April 25 and will have to register as a Tier III sex offender every 90 days for the rest of his life.
When he is released from prison, he will serve five years on post-release control.
- Mayor praises peaceful protest in Piqua
- Lily’s Bistro gives back to protesters after window busted in Saturday night protests
- Owners of Ohio bakery arm themselves with guns as violent protesters try to get inside
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured
- People in Youngstown gather against police brutality, racial injustice