DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A Dayton man will spend 11 years in prison after he was found guilty of rape in Miami County.
Our partners at the Troy Daily News report that 36-year-old Nathan Swartz was sentenced on Monday in Miami County Common Pleas Court.
He pleaded no contest to a first-degree rape charge and two counts of third-degree sexual battery. The court found him guilty on July 15.
Swartz was indicted by a grand jury on April 25 and will have to register as a Tier III sex offender every 90 days for the rest of his life.
When he is released from prison, he will serve five years on post-release control.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- US to send troops to Saudi Arabia, hold off on striking Iran
- Operation Football Tailgate of the Week: Troy at Tippecanoe
- Reps back plan to stop abuse of the waiver system for refineries
- Police: Victim taken to hospital after shooting in Riverside
- SUV drives through Chicago-area mall and crashes into store