DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The man charged in the shooting death of a babysitter in 2017 has been found guilty on all charges.
Chuckie Lee was found guilty of the shooting death of 20-year-old Taylor Brandenburg who was shot and killed in March of 2017 at a home on Huffman Avenue.
Lee represented himself in court at trial this week.
He was found guilty on charges of:
- Two counts Murder
- Five counts of Felonious Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- One count of Felonious Assault Causing Serious Physical Harm
- One count Discharge of a Firearm On or Near Prohibited Premises
- One count Having Weapons While Under Disability with prior offense of violence
- One count Having Weapons While Under Disability
Two other individuals have already been sentenced in connection with the case.
Evans Cassell will spend the next 18 years to life behind bars.
Police said in 2017 the shooting started stemmed after a bar fight over money between two groups at The Glass Hat on Linden Ave. The fight continued after both groups left the bar and made it’s way to where Brandenburg was babysitting the kids of one of the people involved in the fight.
Police say Brandenburg came outside to see what was happening and was shot to death. The shooter got out of a car, according to Lt. Booher.