DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A family will have to find someplace else to stay after a fire damaged their Dayton home Monday afternoon.
Regional Dispatch tells 2 NEWS the fire broke out just after 4:30 p.m. at a residence in the 2400 block of Carlotta Drive near Old Troy Pike. Smoke and flames could be seen coming from the home upon crews’ arrival.
Fire officials at the scene say that no one was home when the fire started and no injuries were reported, though the house is too damaged for the family to return.
The home’s location initially made it difficult for firefighters to find, as the house sits well away from the road down a one-lane driveway.
The American Red Cross was called to help provide assistance for the family.
Officials say a lithium-ion battery is responsible for starting the fire, and was deemed accidental.
- Mayor praises peaceful protest in Piqua
- Lily’s Bistro gives back to protesters after window busted in Saturday night protests
- Owners of Ohio bakery arm themselves with guns as violent protesters try to get inside
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured
- People in Youngstown gather against police brutality, racial injustice