DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Dayton Children’s celebrated International Day of the Girl on Friday. Female orthopedic doctors visited patients, with the goal of inspiring the next generation of girls.
One six percent of orthopedic doctors in the United States are female, and three of them work at Dayton Children’s.
“Breaking through that old boys’ club and the stigma, and just being confident and strong that I have the same skills and even certain other skills that could make me a better physician than maybe they are,” said Dr. Sarah Steward of her success in the field.
She adds that she wants to encourage girls to go into non-traditional career paths.
- Russia registers virus vaccine, Putin’s daughter given it
- Bar owner sets 11 p.m. closing time after receiving citation
- College & Coronavirus: Packing during the pandemic
- Secret Service involved in shooting outside White House
- Police: Man jailed after throwing knife at victim, refusing to come out of home