WASHINGTON TWP., Ohio (WDTN) – Here’s your chance to give back while grabbing a bite to eat. Wednesday, March 27th several Dayton-area Jersey Mike’s Subs shops are hosting a “Day of Giving” to benefit United Rehabilitation Services (URS).
“Fundraisers like this make a huge difference in our ability to meet the needs of this community,” said Dennis Grant, the executive director of URS.
Throughout the month, many Jersey Mike’s stores across the country are collecting donations for designated partner charities. Wednesday, 100 percent of the day’s sales at the Beavercreek, Centerville and Washington Township locations will go to URS.
“Donating helps the children and adults with disabilities,” said URS ambassador Hope Robertson. “It provides necessary tools, it provides therapies, equipment for the facility.”
Three of Robertson’s children use URS services. Her young daughter, Angel, has been attending therapy, day care and summer programs for more than six years.
“Without URS, I wouldn’t be where I am and neither would Angel,” Robertson said. “They’ve done a phenomenal job with her therapies and watching her grow, and supporting me in making the decisions I needed to make to help her succeed and move onto the next step.
Franchise owner Ted Tolliver has been partnering with URS for the fundraiser for nine years. In that time, participating stores have raised more than $73,000. For 2019, they’re hoping to collect $20,000.
Tolliver said, “You’re going to eat lunch somewhere on Wednesday the 27th. Come out here and let the money you spend go to a great cause.”
URS says Day of Giving proceeds will support the following programs:
- 5-STAR Rated Early Childhood Education & School-Age Programs for children with and without disabilities, ages 6 weeks – 17 years old.
- The only Childcare Programs locally with on-site Nursing Services to meet the needs of medically fragile children.
- Specialized Therapy Programs with the region’s only Pediatric Aquatic Therapy Program and Universal Exercise Unit “spider cage.”
- Meaningful daycare and Vocational Training Programs for adults and seniors with disabilities.
Participating Jersey Mike’s Subs locations include:
- Centerville at 6002 Far Hills Avenue
- Washington Township at 1512 Miamisburg-Centerville Road (State Route 725)
- Beavercreek at 3510 Pentagon Blvd.
If you’re unable to stop by a sub shop on Wednesday, you can still make a donation to URS at one of the above locations. To donate online and learn more about URS, click here.