SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WDTN) – A vacant home is now a total loss after catching on fire in Springfield Friday evening.
Springfield Police tell 2 NEWS that officers were dispatched to direct traffic at the scene around 6:50 p.m. in the area of Court Street and South Light Street.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire is under investigation. All utilities to the home were turned off when the fire broke out, so investigators have ruled out an electrical cause. They were told that some individuals may have been squatting at the residence.
No injuries were reported.
Officials say the south side of the home collapsed due to the damage.
- Dayton Police: 15 arrested after protests
- Mayor Whaley announces curfew for downtown
- Ohio order signed to reopen daycare centers; officially reopen Sunday
- National Guard activated, moving into Columbus; curfew announced
- Rep. Joyce Beatty, Columbus City Council President Hardin pepper-sprayed during protest