SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WDTN) – A vacant home is now a total loss after catching on fire in Springfield Friday evening.
Springfield Police tell 2 NEWS that officers were dispatched to direct traffic at the scene around 6:50 p.m. in the area of Court Street and South Light Street.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire is under investigation. All utilities to the home were turned off when the fire broke out, so investigators have ruled out an electrical cause. They were told that some individuals may have been squatting at the residence.
No injuries were reported.
Officials say the south side of the home collapsed due to the damage.
- Police: Middletown mother confesses to killing 6-year-old son, shows little remorse
- School district pulls Dr. Seuss from Read Across America Day citing ‘racial undertones’
- Coldest February in 6 years
- Senate confirms Miguel Cardona as Biden’s education secretary
- Special Olympics encouraging people to ‘Plunge My Way’