SIDNEY, Ohio (WDTN) – Crews are on the scene of a structure fire in Sidney Monday morning.

Around 7:25 am on November 1, the Sidney Fire department sent crews to a structure fire on Washington Street, Sidney FD said, with reports of people trapped on the second floor. Upon arrival, they found heavy smoke and began work to put the fire out.

Crews began searching the building, but could not find the remaining occupant. Sidney FD said it was later discovered the occupant was at the store at the time of the fire and not inside.

The fire began in the living room, causing significant damage, the Fire Department said, however, the blaze was contained to the room of origin.

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation on scene, but refused transport to a local hospital, Sidney FD said.

Sidney FD also said a dog was rescued from the home.

The fire was extinguished, and crews left the scene around 8:25 am. Sidney FD has ruled the blaze to be accidental and electrical in nature.

The American Red Cross is helping the family find a place to stay. The FD estimated damages to be $10,000 for the structure and $2,000 for contents.