2 taken to hospital after fire at Preble County home

Local News

GRATIS, Ohio (WDTN) – Two people were taken to the hospital after a kerosene heater caught fire at a home in Preble County Wednesday evening.

It happened around 7:30 p.m. in the 100 block of Coleman Street.

Assistance Chief Caplinger with Gratis Fire says they were initially called to the home for reports of a small explosion. An occupant told firefighters that the kerosene heater overheated and caught the first floor of the residence on fire.

A family member tells 2 NEWS a pregnant woman inside the home was able to get out safely through a window on the first floor.

Both of the occupants were taken to the hospital with what are believed to be non-life threatening injuries.

The home suffered extensive damage mainly on the first floor and we’re told the occupants will not be able to stay there.

Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.

news-app-download-apple news-app-download-google-play

Follow Us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for all the latest news, weather and sports.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Don't Miss

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS