UNION, Ohio (WDTN) – A man had to be rescued from his car after driving into flood waters in Union, according to authorities.
The incident happened at around 2 am on Martindale Road near the Stillwater River. Officials say a man drove through road closure signs and got stuck.
The man’s vehicle began taking on water, making it nearly impossible to get out of the car. Crews from Huber Heights and Butler Township went out with an inflatable boat to bring him to land.
Authorities say that the man is still being evaluated but it is believed he didn’t suffer any major injuries. Crews say they were able to get the car out of the water, but will not be able to move it until the water recedes.
- Dozens of virus cases reported at Darke County intermediate care facility
- Officials investigating fire at old school building in Harrison Twp. as possible arson
- Montgomery County residents react to mask mandate
- Teen makes coronavirus prom dress out of duct tape
- Rescue dog becomes rescuer