MERCER COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – Investigators believe the body of a driver found in a wrecked car in a wooded area of Mercer County is that of missing Union City woman Shawna Ressler.
33-year-old Shawna Ressler was last seen on August 4 when she told witnesses she was driving from Union City to Celina for an appointment. She never arrived.
Around 1 pm Wednesday, the Mercer County Sheriff’s Office located a black Chevy Trailblazer that had crashed into a ditch and overturned in the 4300 block of Indiana State Line Road.
The SUV was registered to Ressler. The clothing of the victim found inside, as well as identifying marks on the body and personal belongings found in the vehicle lead investigators to believe that the remains belong to the missing woman.
Positive identification is still pending a forensic examination by the Mercer County Sheriff’s Office.
In the meantime, the Darke County Sheriff’s Office has suspended their missing person investigation.Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Former Dayton priest indicted on 9 counts of rape in Hamilton County
- Medal of Honor sought for medic who saved hundreds of lives on D-Day
- OSU Ryan Day announces Buckeyes new starting QB
- Controversial abortion bill may soon get redo in Congress
- Early Epstein accuser: Police could have stopped him in 1997