DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A crash involving over a dozen vehicles on I-75 northbound near Stanley Avenue Friday evening sent several people to the hospital.
Regional Dispatch tells 2 NEWS that a driver was attempting to get around traffic backup caused by an earlier crash near Wagner Ford Road around 4 pm. They were headed down the shoulder traveling at a high rate of speed when they collided with another vehicle, causing a chain reaction of accidents around 5:30 pm.
By the end of it, officials say roughly 13 or 14 vehicles were involved, with at least two ending up on their side.
The driver took off from the scene and ran to MAHLE Behr on Webster Street, where someone called a medic to pick him up.
Officials could not immediately say exactly how many people were injured, but did say that all the injuries are non-life threatening.
The northbound lanes remain closed in the area until about 9:30 pm.
- Foundation in memory of Derrick Fudge planning first relief mission to Lake Charles after Laura and Sally storms
- Five people injured in US-35 crash between Beavercreek and Xenia
- Coronavirus in Ohio: 951 new cases, four new deaths reported Saturday
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- 16 shot, 2 fatally, at party in Rochester, police say