MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – The Montgomery County Coroner identified the person who died after a crash in Harrison Township Monday night.
Jeffrey Ellison, 44, of Dayton, struck a DP&L utility pole, knocking out power for more than a thousand people. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office said deputies were called to the 5100 block of Webster Street near Needmore Road around 11:30 p.m. Monday night. When deputies arrived they found a 2002 Jeep Liberty on the side of the road with heavy damage.
The Sheriff’s Office said an initial investigation showed the Jeep was heading south on Webster Street when it lost control and stuck a Dayton Power and Light utility pole.
The cause and manner of Ellison’s death have yet to be determined.
- Santa’s mailbox in Miamisburg bringing Christmas joy to families this holiday
- Woman arrested after shooting in Sidney Sunday Morning
- First accumulating snow of the 2020 season
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 7,700+ new daily cases reported
- Fauci: US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead