DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Coroner’s Office was called to the University of Dayton campus Tuesday after a student’s body was found inside a residence hall.
20-year-old Ben Tavella, of Mason, passed away in his residence in Founders Hall, apparently of natural causes according to President Eric Spina.
Tavella was a first-year mechanical engineering student.
“We extend our deepest sympathy and prayers to Ben’s family, friends, professors and our campus community. Our campus ministers, counseling staff and housing and residence life are always available for you and for those who you know may be deeply affected by this loss,” Spina said in a statement to students.
Those resources can be found by clicking here.
- Letters to Santa: Fairborn sets up North Pole mailbox
- Pfizer says its COVID-19 booster protects against omicron
- Christmas Mystery: Who are the WWII sweethearts in this film?
- Availability of boosters depends largely on where you live
- If Roe v. Wade falls, some fear ripple effect on civil rights and LGBTQ cases