DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — The Montgomery County Coroner has identified a woman who was struck by a vehicle Monday night as Tamara Nicole Jackson, 39, of Dayton.
A crash report filed by the Dayton Police said that the vehicle failed to yield right of way to Jackson, who was crossing the street at the time of the accident. The vehicle fled the scene after striking Jackson.
The coroner ruled her death as an accident. The matter is still under investigation by authorities.
WDTN.com will update this story with more information once it is available.
1:50 p.m. — This story was updated to reflect the correct spelling of the victims name after receiving a correction from the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Friday update: 1,022 new cases, 28 additional deaths
- Buck’s Giannis wins second consecutive MVP award, per reports
- Woman told officer ‘ I have to poop so bad’ before high-speed chase
- Dayton Fire Lieutenant named Ohio Fire Service Instructor of the Year
- Three people taken to hospital after crash