DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A man is dead following a shooting at a Salem Avenue apartment on August 9.
Dayton Police say a fight over a bottle of alcohol escalated to a physical fight and eventually gunfire. Kyron Cannady, 24, was shot several times and later died at Miami Valley Hospital from his injuries.
Police say they are now looking to speak with the victim’s cousin, Perry Thompson, who was last seen fleeing the scene in a silver Chrysler 300.
Lt. Jason Hall tells 2 NEWS that other people were present at the time of the shooting but no one else was injured.
- Dayton Fire Lieutenant named Ohio Fire Service Instructor of the Year
- Three people taken to hospital after crash
- Dayton firefighter honored with Community Service Award
- Tickets for the Polar Express go on sale next week
- Baldwin County Coroner: 2 confirmed dead after Hurricane Sally